Sunday 9 June 2013

Erm.... Hi?

Hello?
...
Is there anyone still out there?
...
Is there anyone still out there willing to forgive us?
...
Yes? No?
...
I'm going to continue anyway, so there.
...

So... it's been a while hey? Let's not let this get awkward :). The reason it's been so long is a plethora of assignments ("But you're only in high-school, it can't be that bad, can it?" Yeah, you're right. 15 massive assignments at the same time really isn't that bad, is it? I mean it's not like Philosopher and I cried ourselves to sleep most nights or anything.), the most notable of which is officially called the 'Personal Project'. Generally that term is met by a variation upon: "JUST NO. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY 'PP' WITHIN A 5M RADIUS OF ME,  OR SO HELP ME GOD, I WILL SHOOT YOU. *sob, sob, sob*". Yeah. It's pretty fun. It is actually a great idea, but the implementation of it is the most ridiculous concept- Once upon a time, not too many years ago, some cruel evil sadistic IB official type person thought 'I've just had the best idea! Let's give already stressed out students a seven month assignment that in terms of the MYP certificate is worth as much as every other subject, but we won't give them any school time to work on. Hahahahahaha!"Basically the project consists of a 'product' and then a report. Students can choose almost anything, but it has to be considered hard enough to make the teachers laugh at our misery, and then we are assigned a 'supervisor' and a 'manager'. My supervisor is lovely, even if we don't quite meet the every second week we're supposed to (we've met a total of 3 times in the whole 7 months. Not that I'm complaining, I hate having someone watching my progress as I work.) and we barely ever come into contact with our manager. The product I chose was a recipe book and an accompanying party, and the report is about the process (choice of the goal, source analysis, etc). The report is 3,000 words, which is double the most we've ever been allowed/made to write before. Anyway, I'm not just going to rant about PP right now, because in a couple of months, once it's all over, I'll write about my personal project and how blurdy brilliant it is! :)

No, for now I kinda just want to ad lib (as in rant with no sense of direction) about whatever I feel like (mostly fangirly stuff). I'm not even going to include the sort of headings that I normally would in a 'write-dump' because I'm 600% done with having to do things in a set format. So there.

The ending to Doctor Who?! What was that?! Aridglugbrkgo! And then Matt Smith is leaving (admittedly, all of us who are bothered to check BBC's twitter have known that for months; but it's only now that other people are getting upset. I knew Matt Smith was leaving before tumblr went crazy. I'm such a hipster) and the 12th Doctor might be a female! I'm not sure I'd like that... Currently I'm backing the Chris Kendall team, despite knowing that there's about a 1% chance it'll actually be him. And then he'll become to mainstream and everyone (In the circles I mingle in at least) will know who he is, and he won't be Crabstickz from YouTube anymore, he'll be the 12th Doctor. Anyway, he's amazing and I love him. Also, I have the rough notes for an essay on the different personalities of the Doctors from the nuWho, which I will write these holidays! I write essays for fun because I'm cool like that. But John Hurt! What is that? Anyway, some friends and I are planning a party for the 50th anniversary and I'm so incredibly excited! I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the 50th anniversary, or the fact that I get to plan and make a whole ton of themed food! Souffle, fish fingers and custard, banana (mock) daiquiris, TARDIS cake, here I come!

Sherlock. Sherlock. Sherlock. *sob*. Why Moffat why? It won't be out until Christmas 2013 at the earliest, probably 2014 :(. Grrr. That's all I'm going to say, because otherwise it'll deteriorate into random typos made by my forehead as I weep into keyboard.

Moomintroll is awesome! It's this Finnish childrens' book series, which is actually amazingly lovely. READ IT.  I need to re-read it, and try to get over my crush on Snufkin and perhaps try not the hate the Snork-Maiden as much as I do. Seriously though, Moomintroll is too good for her! She's shallow and vain and silly and annoying and poor Snork having to put up with her! How nice is Moominmumma though? And Moominpapa! Ha! Moominpapa is wonderful!

Is not Mika one of the most absolutely wonderful musicians ever? He's wonderful. Philosopher and I often will find ourselves sitting there singing his songs in class and then will start an email to our favourite teacher filled with some of his best (and weirdest: 'Sometimes I sit and think about the day that  you're going to die') lines. Don't worry, we never sent it. Oh! On the topi of music: Alex Day is a babe. I don't mean in terms of physical appearance- definitely not my type!- but in terms of just generally being amazing. He's 24 and has practically invented a type of music distribution, almost finished writing a book (Philosopher and I will be lucky to finish our book before we're 24.), and is basically awesome. 'Good Morning Sunshine' is the ultimate happy song, and 'Wish For is You' shall be played at my wedding, whilst 'Forever Yours' is one of the cutest friendship songs.  :)

I saw something the other day that made me laugh. It was a sign saying:
"When someone says 'stop' I don't know whether it's hammer time; in the name of love; or if I should stop, collaborate and listen."
I laughed harder than it deserved. Oh! Whilst we're talking about 'Ice Ice Baby' I would just like to mention that I can rap a fair part of it from memory (as earlier mentioned, I'm really really really cool), and that Vanilla Ice (the artist) is an American who owns a pet goat and a pet Wallaroo. Why? (That was a rhetorical question)

I probably should stop now. Well done if you're still reading this. Normally I do a fair bit of editing and planning to posts, but this is literally just my train of thought and I'm not even going to bother to re-read it at the moment. Philosopher shall judge me, and I'm sure you shall as well. See if I care!

I am actually really sorry about
a) being gone for so long
b) the dodginess (It's now a word. Accept it) of this post
c) My extreme laziness

xxx
Have a good day! (Too lazy to even do a 'cutesy farewell'. *shakes head in disgust at self*)
Confession


1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading it....

    Firejay as the NINJA

    ReplyDelete